Torlon (PAI) is a high-performance thermoplastic characterised by outstanding loading capacity also in the cryogenic range. Compared to metal components, Torlon parts with comparable properties are lighter and are used where weight saving is a key issue.
- Thermally resilient from the cryogenic range up to 270°C
- High rigidity, high strength coupled with toughness
- High long-term stability and high fatigue strength
- Extremely high creep resistance
- Good chemical resistance towards wide-ranging conventional solvents and lubricants, fuels and acids
- High resistance to high-energy radiation
- Self-extinguishing according to UL 94 V-0
- Good machining capability using conventional tools and machinery
We are a well established stockist and distributor of many top brand names. We aim to deliver next day and keep stock of a variety of types grade and colours of plastics. These include GEHR ®, Tecamid ®, Tecast T ®, Tecarim ®, Tecaglide ®, Tecast ®, Tecaform ®, Tecapet ®, tecanat ®, Tecasint ®, Tecator ®, Tecapeek ®, Tecatron ®, Tecapro ®, Tecaflon ®, Rexolite ®, Tufnol ®, Ertalon ®, Nylatron ®, Ertacetal ®, Acetron®, Ertalyte ®, TIVAR ® UHMW-PE, Borotron ®, Duratron ®, Techtron ®, Ketron ®, Fluorosint ® Enhanced PTFE.
The above trade names consist of many grades of plastics such as Nylon, Nylon 6, Nylon 66, Nylon 12, Nylon 46, Cast Nylon, Extruded Nylon, Oil Filled Nylon, Glass Filled Nylon, Acetal POM-C, Acetal POM-H, Delrin ®, POM-C variations with PTFE or Solid Lubricants, Polyester, PET, Polycarbonate, Polyimide, PAI, PEEK, PPS, PP Polypropylene, PSU Polysulphone, PEI, Noryl, Perplas ®, PE, PE300, PE500, PE1000, HDPE, UHMWPE, PVC, Clear Acrylic, Clear Polycarbonate, PETG, PVC Foam, Metal Detectable Acetal, Metal Detectable Polyethylene.